Scalar is hiring an Associate in their Valuation Service Group. The Associate position will be responsible for performing business valuations and statistical financial modeling for tax, financial reporting, and transaction advisory purposes.
Desired Skills & Experience
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform valuations for financial reporting and tax compliance purposes including purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment analysis, common stock valuations, derivative valuations, solvency opinions and fairness opinions
- Interact with clients, auditors, legal counsel, board members and institutional investors to complete valuation engagements in a timely, professional, and efficient manner
- Effectively manage multiple valuation engagements from start to finish, including due diligence/management interviews, financial modeling, and report creation/review
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management or economics
- A minimum GPA of 3.5
- Highly self-motivated and able to maintain a high degree of autonomy while also contributing to a dynamic team environment
- Ability to independently learn and solve complex, ambiguous problems with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to work long hours
- Willingness to obtain valuation credentials (e.g. ASA, CVA or CFA)
Base salary, annual bonus, health benefits, and 401(k).
Scalar is the leading independent valuation firm for tax, financial reporting, transaction advisory, and litigation purposes. Scalar empowers business leaders to make informed and effective decisions through meticulous valuations, insightful consultations, and active client engagement.
Founded in 2009, Scalar is a world-class financial firm that combines the highest level of service and quality with the energy and efficiency of a startup.
Scalar’s experienced team recognizes every client’s situation is unique and works tirelessly to refine and apply the most effective methodologies when performing valuations, calculating risk, and uncovering business opportunities to help clients plan for success.